Mansoura Students' Scientific Association is an independent non-governmental non-profit organization established in Mansoura Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura, Egypt. MSSA represents Mansoura medical students under the patronage of the faculty dean, pursuing its aims without political, religious, social, racial, sexual, or any other discrimination. MSSA-Mansoura is a full member of IFMSA-Egypt.
The International Federation of Medical Students' Associations - Egypt is a non-governmental non-profit student-run organization representing more than 80,000 medical students in Egypt. IFMSA-Egypt was established in 1969 and is now represented by more than 4500 medical students in 25 Local Committees all over Egypt. IFMSA-Egypt is registered with its constitution at the Egyptian Ministry of Social Solidarity under license number 3115-Alexandria and is a full member of IFMSA.
The International Federation of Medical Students' Associations is an independent federation established in the district council of Amsterdam. Founded in 1951, IFMSA is one of the world’s oldest and largest student-run organizations. It represents, connects, and engages every day with medical students from 135 NMOs (National-Member Organizations) in 125 countries around the globe. IFMSA promotes humanitarian ideals among medical students and so seeks to contribute to the creation of responsible future physicians.
MSSA envisions a community in which all medical students unite for health and are equipped with the knowledge, skills and values to take on health leadership roles in Mansoura
MSSA unites and empowers medical students in Mansoura to lead initiatives that positively impact our community. MSSA represents the opinions and ideas of medical students in Mansoura and builds their capacity by offering them opportunities to develop their medical and non-medical skills through training, projects and exchange opportunities in order to improve their leadership role in the community and global health issues as well.
- SCOPE/RE: The Standing Committee on Professional Exchange / Research Exchange fosters cooperation and collaboration among medical students by breaking down social barriers through promoting opportunities for dialogue and creating clinical and research exchanges.
- SCOPH: The Standing Committee on Public Health brings together medical students from all over the world to learn, build skills, cooperate, explore and share ideas when it comes to addressing all issues related to public health, including global health issues, health policies, health promotion and education, activities.
- SCORP: The Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace unites students who strive to create an equal and peaceful world and believe in international, intercultural as well as interpersonal solidarity. It believes in everybody’s responsibility as well as the ability to contribute to creating this world, as human rights can only exist when it applies to all humans.
- SCORA: The Standing Committee on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights including HIV & AIDS is a gathering of passionate individuals who are committed to promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights and are arduous about creating positive change in their local communities.
- SCOME: The Standing Committee on Medical Education aims to implement an optimal learning environment for all medical students around the world. SCOME works to create sustainable changes around the world, for the current medical students, for the upcoming generations and for the future patients and communities who are the final beneficiaries of medical education.
MSSA supporting divisions are designed to carry out general tasks in a specific field, which is of permanent importance for MSSA management. Each supporting division is managed and represented by a "Supporting Division Director."
- Secretary Board Director: sends weekly schedules of MSSA activities to MSSA general mailing list, regulates the activities in MSSA office and supervises its cleanliness, facilitates registration of new members and answers the visitors' questions.
- Training Support Division Director: organizes regular training sessions after choosing the training topics according to MSSA needs (with the VPI) and recruits MSSA members to attend these trainings. They also design the training strategy for the term and maintains a database of all MSSA trainers.
- Fundraising Support Division Director: develops, implements and monitors MSSA fundraising strategy in addition to maintaining the sponsors and fundraising partners database.
- Publication & new Technologies Support Division Director: manages MSSA team of designers, photographers, photo editors, video editors and the social media, develops and implements a strategy for the promotion of MSSA and its work and holds responsibility of MSSA official website and other online portals.
- Projects' Support Division Director: opens the call for the local coordinators, follows up with the project management workshops, evaluates the quality of proposed projects and presents a written report of the proposed new projects to the Team of Officials. They also develop and maintain an updated database for MSSA Projects, supports and guides the project coordinators and leads the preparations for the projects' fair or activities presentation competition in IFMSA-Egypt GAs.
- Research Support Division Director: develops, implements and coordinates MSSA research strategy with the project coordinators, organizes research workshops and activities, and supports the Standing Committees in their research initiatives.
Some of the training topics provided by the MSSA capacity-building activities:
- External Affairs
- Medical Research
- Basic Life Support
- Project Management
- CV, Motivation Letter, and Email writing
and many more soft skills.